Sustainability at Reunion
What we're doing
This year, we're especially excited to be incorporating sustainability into Reunion in some big ways. Here's how:
- We're eliminating single-use plastics from the weekend.
- We're buying green energy to match our energy consumption during evening activities — learn how here.
- Your food scraps from dinner will go straight to the compost — via some helpful pigs at a local, certified humane farm.
How you can help
Every year, your enthusiastic participation, generosity, and Williams-Mystic spirit help make alumni weekend a success. This year, we'll need your help to make the weekend sustainable as well.
Here's what we'll ask you to do:
- Reuse, reuse, reuse! At the swizzle and dinner, we're ditching single-use plastic cups for rented glassware. We'll also provide some brand-new, vibrant 2018 Reunion cups for you to use — and take home. Help us out by bringing your reusable water bottle for the whole weekend, and by taking home your Reunion cup at the end of Saturday night.
- Bike around town: Pick up a Mystic Community Bike to get around without adding to your carbon footprint!
The first step
Generate no more than one, 30-gallon bag of trash for the event! Or less ...